East River Greenway
Along the East Side of Manhattan is another nice bikeway that runs parallel to the East River, boasting great views of the Manhattan Bridge and Brooklyn Bridge.
This greenway, which is shared in parts with runners and walkers, offers another great car-free option for biking in the city. In order to avoid the section where the bike path breaks around the United Nations, our favorite ride starts just south of there.
- Grab a bike at the FDR Drive & E 35th St station and head South.
- Enjoy the glimpses of downtown Manhattan in front of you, and great views of the Manhattan Bridge and Brooklyn Bridge to your left.
- Ride along the East River Bikeway about 4 miles
- Turn right on John St, then left on Front St
- Drop your bike at the Front St & Maiden Lane station, and enjoy the afternoon at the South Street Seaport!
This route takes most riders 20-30 minutes. Remember, the first 30 minutes of each ride on a classic bike are included in the price of a single ride and day pass. If you're an annual member, the first 45 minutes of each ride on a classic bike are included. For more information about Citi Bike pricing and pass options, please head here.
See the Manhattan Waterfront Greenway Map for more info.
Try this ride
Pick up a pass through the mobile app and be on a bike within minutes!
You can also purchase a pass at any Citi Bike station kiosk.
- FDR Drive & E 35 St
- E 20 St & FDR Drive
- Cherry St
- Peck Slip & Front St
- Front St & Maiden Ln